Check out our Sister Blog www.typeachecklist.com !

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Living a Life of Purpose

Here we are, back again to those final pages of The Purpose Driven Life.  I kinda hate to put the old book on the shelf!

Maybe I'll just place it on top of the "toppling" pile of books and devotionals that lays next to my bed.  At least then, when I pile them up after they fall over....I will see The Purpose Driven Life and be inspired!

Here are thoughts on the final chapter of the book:

"Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails." 
 -- Proverbs 19:21

This Bible verse makes me think.  My mind is always buzzing with plans.  Lord, help me sift through and clarify -- which plans are YOURS? 

God has created us to worship Him and enjoy Him forever.  Let's start there.  That always helps us pause and take a breath...and even smile. That's relaxing and can help us focus.

Then we can evaluate by asking: "Where are you working, God and how can I join you?"

Today - a thought buzzes in my head: "Be available" -- I will, God.  Help me be available when you call.  Help me listen.  Help me know who to help.

The book noted: While you are shaped to serve others, even Jesus didn't meet the needs of everyone while on earth.  You have to choose whom you can best help, based on your shape. We are all shaped differently.

The young mom is shaped to serve those babies gathered so near.  It may seem hard, but it is a holy mission...only you can fill.

What shape are you in?  Has God placed you squarely in the middle of a storm?  You may be squirming, but, chances are, you have a divine purpose there.

Your purpose may not always make people happy.  Perhaps your purpose is to hold the line in a shakey culture.  You may have to alienate a few.  Now you know how Jesus felt.

It doesn't matter what people think of you.  What matters most is that you fulfill God's eternal purpose. 

We are not trying to please men but God -- 1 Thess 2:4b

If you're feeling persecuted because you have pursued your purpose - TAKE HEART!  Your reward will last forever:

For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all." 2 Corin 4:17 

            Enjoy your life of purpose...as you serve a GREAT GOD! 

No comments:

Post a Comment