Check out our Sister Blog www.typeachecklist.com !

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Living with a Purpose

There are many "good" things you can do with your life, but God's purpose is something you MUST do.

It hit me today when I was driving to work:

Thank you GOD!

The sun is filtering through the budding trees. I live in a beautiful country setting. There is a crispness in the air.

My light and momentary frustrations are just that: light and momentary.

Bottom line...right now...right here...God wants me to enjoy what is already in my lap. How could I have overlooked this?

My purpose is to worship God and ENJOY HIM FOREVER!

I'll never forget what a precious friend told me when I was fussing and sharing worries with her:

"Are you just enjoying your Jesus?" she asked. --Good QUESTION!

I was glancing through the book, The Purpose Driven Life, yesterday. My eyes rested on this idea:

"How can you tell if you are not living a life of purpose? If you are not living a life of purpose, you are worrying."
WOWEE!!!!!! That hit me square in the face. BOY oh, BOY -- do I need to adjust my thinking.

I need to redirect all worry into meditation on the reality of Christ in my life!

That is a PURPOSE!

How about camping on a Bible verse:

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." - Phil 4:13
or:

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." - Phil 4:6-7

Well, I now have to start work. I'm going to print out that second Bible verse and start memorizing it.

This is a baby step to a PURPOSE DRIVEN LIFE! -- Care to join me in that baby step today?

Let's start memorizing!!!!

Next: More on Living with a Purpose!

No comments:

Post a Comment