Check out our Sister Blog www.typeachecklist.com !

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Though I'm Weak, You Make Me Strong

God Loves Us Weak people.

Good. That gives me hope.

God has never been impressed with strength or self-sufficiency. In fact, the Bible shows God often uses people who are weak to accomplish His tasks.

WOW! Could there be a plan for me?

I took a peek at Chapter 35 of The Purpose Driven Life. I was excited! Rick Warren says the Bible is filled with examples of how God loves to use imperfect, ordinary people to do extraordinary things.

Handicapped? Untalented? Shy? Sick? Tired? God can use YOU. Here's how:

1. Admit your weaknesses. God is less concerned about your accomplishments than your honesty.

If you read 2 Corin 4:7-9, you will see God wants us to be "cracked pots."
When we're "cracked pots" people can tell -- God is the source of our accomplishments -- not us!

2. Be content with your weakness. So - I'm short (I'm getting personal here) -- No, I won't ever be a runway model (besides not looking that great!) BUT, -- kids like me. I'm near their height. What ministry opportunities await!

Weaknesses prevent arrogance. God does not need arrogant servants...hmmm... the two words don't even GO together!

Weaknesses make us more approachable. Who wants to hang with perfect people????? How intimidating is that?

The great missionary Hudson Taylor said "All God's giants were weak people"

Here are some examples:

Moses was afraid to talk. - God made him the instrument to bring the 10 commandments to the people and lead them from captivity.

Gideon had low self esteem. God made him a warrior.

John was arrogant. God made him the apostle of Love.

Paul was impatient. God made him a leader and writer of most of the New Testament.

God turned impetuous Peter into the ROCK!

Who are we to question our abilities?

Give your weakness to God. He'll put it to good use!

No comments:

Post a Comment