Check out our Sister Blog www.typeachecklist.com !

Monday, February 14, 2011

Purpose Driven Life - Days 15, 16 - Welcome to God´s Disfunctional Family

Welcome to God´s family!

Now, let´s get along.

We were designed to be together. When you commit your life to Christ, you become a part of a new family of believers.

This Chapter says we cannot hide out from the family.

GULP.

The members of our new family are not perfect (on this side of Heaven). We still have to join them. That is how we grow.

The interesting thing about this is -- we will experience a wonderful feeling of belonging when we reach out to others.

If you are lonely...know that, when you commit your life to Christ, you have a new FATHER (who is out of this world in love with you).

You also have new brothers and sisters. You are never alone. COOL.

I am half-way across the world. I have met a new sister. Her name is Romina.

She is from another country...another culture, yet Romina and I sat at the table in her tiny apartment in Vienna and talked about our Jesus -- our Father -- our faith.

How nice to be linked with this sister in a Father´s love.

I need to watch out for my brothers and sisters in Christ, also.

Even in hard times, I need to be present. We need to give love and love is often spelled T-I-M-E.

Ouch. I need to work on this.

The essence of love is not what we think or do or provide for others, but how much we give of ourselves.

Here is our point to ponder: Are relationships my first priority?

Here is our verse:

"The entire law is summed up in a single command: Love your neighbor as yourself." -- Gal 5:14

No comments:

Post a Comment