Check out our Sister Blog www.typeachecklist.com !

Monday, February 14, 2011

Purpose Driven Life Day 14 - Where are you, God?

Today is Valentine´s Day. It is a perfect day to talk about God´s love for you when you don´t feel it.

God´s love is real, no matter how you feel.

I know there is not one of us who has not felt lost in a gulf of numb pain.

Where are you, God?

I cry out to you and I don´t feel your presence.

Then there is another type of distance from God. It´s that numb feeling from the mundane days.

Are you in this day, Lord?

I don´t feel you near.

Or...Is it just me?

As Purpose Driven says, every relationship is sometimes tested with distance. If you have entered into a relationship with Jesus, your Lord and Savior, don´t be surprised or dismayed when you don´t feel His presence.

The Bible is full of people who have cried out to God in times when they felt separated.

Job knew the depths of despair, loss, grief and seeming separation from God, yet he said:

"I go east, but I cannot find Him. I go west, but I cannot find Him. I do not see Him in the north, for He is hidden. I turn to the south, but I cannot find Him."

"But He knows where I am going and when He has tested me like gold and fire, he will pronounce me innocent¨." -- Job 23:8-10


Job lost everything - his family, his wealth, his health. God seemed hidden, but Job trusted.

WOW! Job was like GOLD!

Gold is refined by heating multiple elements. As the refiner turns up the fire -- hotter -- hotter - the refiner eliminates the other metals.

The refiner knows when to stop turning up the heat. He knows when he has found gold.

How?

He sees His reflection in the metalic pool.

God may not feel near, but He is. Perhaps he gently turns up the fire in your life. That is not an easy time, but He will stop when He see His reflection in your life.

In those mundane moments - when there is no pain, no sorrow...just boredom, look around. Is God beckoning somewhere else?

Has it been your choice to pull far away to a safe place?

Go ahead and jump in the pool. You may become GOLD.

Worship....It is not based on feelings. Please don´t trapse from church to church in search of some "feeling".

Love, in life and in faith, is based on a choice, not a feeling.

God is there. Trust that. Choose to continue your walk in love (a good tip for marriages, also.)

Remember this verse:

"For God has said, I will never leave you. I will never abandon you." - Hebrews 13:5

No comments:

Post a Comment