Check out our Sister Blog www.typeachecklist.com !

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

A Birthday Card


Happy birthday, America.  Sigh.  How ya doin this year ? 
Sometimes I wonder.  Have you had a good year?    
We’ll decorate for your party.  I know my little village will put out your flags.  Red, white and blue are good colors to celebrate.
Red stands for blood spilled to preserve our personal freedom. This makes me think of our soldiers.  I sure do want to thank each and every one of them on your birthday. It makes me sad to think how they are treated sometimes. They deserve the birthday  gifts.
We reap the benefits of the soldiers' sacrifices. I hope we all remember this on your birthday, USA. 
I’m thinking of your first birthday,  July 4, 1776.  The folks who helped at your birth were people of faith.  We cannot and should not rewrite your life story to eliminate the faith that was present at your birth. 
The writers of the Declaration of Independence attributed our rights as a nation to the blessing of a divine creator. Maybe we should read your Declaration as part of your party:   
“We hold the Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, 
that among these are Life, Liberty, 
and the Pursuit of Happiness."
Thanks for reminding me of the God part in our Declaration of Independence, USA.
I’m gonna celebrate your birthday by remembering your history, my birthday nation.    
As a matter of fact, let’s get together and share memories every year.  We don't want to forget the foundation which made us great and the people who sacrificed their lives for our freedom. We don't want to forget HISTORY.  
 Something tells me the people attending your parties  need to honor soldiers who help preserve the freedom we celebrate.  Party goers need to understand that faith served as a foundation for our birth . Celebrators need to understand how you came to be, my precious country... the TRUTH behind the hoopla and fireworks.  

Happy Birthday, America.  I hope birthday partiers treasure your memories and don’t forget what you stand for.   
Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord,
    the people he chose for his inheritance. - Psalm 33:12

No comments:

Post a Comment