Check out our Sister Blog www.typeachecklist.com !

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Refresh!



Has anyone else felt as dried up as me?

-Gotta confess. This dry time, coupled with some burning circumstances, have left me a little parched.

It's funny how we can get off track and forget to get refreshed. I’ve been a little thirsty.

I forgot where to get a drink. I forgot that Jesus holds the cooling cup:

Jesus answered her, "If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water." - John 4:10

It all started Sunday. I woke up late for church. -Been spending evenings with my dad in the hospital and my clock is way off kilter. I rushed in late.

In a cool, darkened sanctuary, I found relief. “How Great is Our God…” The words flowed over me as we sang our praise song .

A gentle rain was falling outside the colorful windows. Great men and women of God joined me in praying. I know many of them struggle with disease, handicaps and family turmoil, but in this quiet place, God refreshed us all.

Missionaries to Ecuador told us of the challenges and unbelievable blessings working in a remote village nestled in the mountains. Their fresh enthusiasm to share God with others blew through our sanctuary like a cool fall breeze.

Their little boy sat beside me and his presence there - leaning slightly on my shoulder - gave me renewed hope and a cool feeling I had not experienced in a long time.

Times can get dry, but we never have to get parched. Let's remember to refresh by running, or staggering, or crawling….whatever we have to do, to get to God.

Then, you will be refreshed. I guarantee it.



No comments:

Post a Comment