Check out our Sister Blog www.typeachecklist.com !

Monday, July 25, 2011

More on Proverbs 25!

28 Like a city whose walls are broken through is a person who lacks self-control. - Proverbs 25:28

I had to bring this verse up.  Again, Proverbs is reminding me to measure my words, thoughts and deeds!  Self control is actually God Control.  I need to give my "stuff" to God and not rely on my own strength.

Slow me down and build me up, Lord, so I resist the temptation to retort...to claim hurt...to get angry...to let discouragement overcome me.

May I be under "God Control!"

The only way to do this is to be in God's Word daily.  God's Word is mentioned as "wisdom" in Proverbs.  Actually, Jesus is also "The Word" as noted in the Book of John....

So - How this all comes together:  Focus on THE WORD -- Focus on JESUS.  We do not want our walls to break down! 

No comments:

Post a Comment