Check out our Sister Blog www.typeachecklist.com !

Friday, February 11, 2011

Purpose Driven Life – Day 10 – Worship and Surrender

I’m a very headstrong person. Ask my husband. The book says the heart of worship is surrender.

Surrender???!!!! That means I have to stop trying to run the show.

That means I’ve got to be humble and get out of the way.

That means I won’t always GET my way, but I better be ready to move where God tells me.

This could be a good thing. The book puts it this way:

God is a lover and a liberator, and surrendering to Him brings freedom, not bondage. When we completely surrender ourselves to Jesus, we discover that He is not a tyrant, but a savior; not a boss, but a brother; not a dictator, but a friend.

Unlike in a war (and we all battle life!), surrendering to Jesus does not mean LOSING anything. You actually gain.

Your personality does not have to be repressed – it becomes fine-tuned.

You can tell you’ve surrendered to God when you don’t feel the need to react to criticism with panic and rush to defend yourself.

I loved the story of Bill Bright, founder of Campus Crusade for Christ. When he was a young man, he literally wrote out a contract to God and signed the bottom:

“From this day forward, I am a slave of Jesus Christ.”

WOW! That’s surrender! He went on to be such a successful Christ follower!

So…maybe I should adjust this hard head of mine and think about surrender.

That will be the most powerful move I could ever make.

No comments:

Post a Comment