Check out our Sister Blog www.typeachecklist.com !

Saturday, October 2, 2010

More Mouth Verses...Good to know

Yesterday, I wrote about My Mouth. I promised more mouth verses. Here goes:

Psalm 19:14 (New International Version)
14 May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing in your sight,
O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.


Psalm 64:3 (New International Version)

3 They sharpen their tongues like swords
and aim their words like deadly arrows.
(Yikes! Don't do this!)

Proverbs 10:19
When words are many, sin is not absent, but he who holds his tongue is wise. (Do I talk too much?????)

Proverbs 12:18
Reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing. (I've gotta remember this one!)

Proverbs 16:21
The wise in heart are called discerning, and pleasant words promote instruction. (hmmmmm....parents.....)

Proverbs 17:27
A man of knowledge uses words with restraint, and a man of understanding is even-tempered. (Yikes! Convicting!)

Proverbs 18:8
The words of a gossip are like choice morsels; they go down to a man's inmost parts. (A Gossip Tip: Don't.)

Did you notice a lot of these are in the Book of Proverbs? Open your Bible to the center (OK, I'll give you a minute to find it - Look on that shelf beneath the coffee table.) Psalms is in about the center. Next comes Proverbs. Here you will find some of the greatest instructions known to mankind.

This stuff is practical. You'll want your teen to read (just leave it on the floor open -- You never know...they might pick it up!)

There are more mouth verses to come. In the mean time:

"Use helpful words, not harmful words...the kind that build others up."

No comments:

Post a Comment