Check out our Sister Blog www.typeachecklist.com !

Saturday, January 6, 2018

Don’t Mess with the BIBLE! (Matthew 5:17-20)




First of all, no, it hasn’t taken me two years to read Matthew 5:17-20.  Second of all, yes, I did get stalled out in continuing this blog.  Third of all, I am sorry.

Now, let’s get back into THE WORD in 2018! Read Matthew 5:17-20.

Jesus told us in Matthew 5:14-16 to shine our light.  (Remember that last blog post, “Turn on the LIGHT” from two years ago ?)   This instruction makes sense. -Who wants to live in darkness?  (Unfortunately, quite a few folks - but not me.)

Hmmm...how can I share the light when I haven’t plugged into the Bible?  That’s like trying to turn on a lamp which has not been plugged into an outlet! Enter: Jesus' next instruction.

Jesus tells his Jewish audience He has not come to change their book, the “Torah” (our Old Testament).  He says he has come to give “the rest of the story.”

I know you are reading the text, so I’ll take great liberty to paraphrase Jesus next instruction:

Don’t mess with the Bible.

-Study God’s Word for all it’s worth. Pray for discernment.  Don’t change or distort God’s Laws and Commandments, especially if you are teaching others.  DON’T lead others in the wrong direction, like the Pharisees.

Get it straight.  Don’t mess with the Bible!  Read God’s Word and share God’s Light!







No comments:

Post a Comment