Check out our Sister Blog www.typeachecklist.com !

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Imperfect Paths to Perfect Places





But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.They will soar on wings like eagles;they will run and not grow weary,they will walk and not be faint. -- Isaiah 40:31


   My dearest readers,  I've missed you for the last couple of weeks.  I can sum up my absence in one word: Life.  Life isn't perfect and neither are we.   Life  includes trips to emergency rooms, problems, challenges, work, play, chores , delays, deadlines (which I sometimes miss) and heartache.
   Life calls us to muddle through and, sometimes, with God's help, life calls us to soar.  

The Imperfect Path to Perfect Places

  It was getting late and the bugs were out.  I swatted mosquitoes with abandon. I was on deadline and the stones had to go in.  The shovel sliced the damp ground and I scooped my dirt pile.  At least the constant rain helped me loosen the soil.  
  I dragged the concrete  stepping stone to the edge of my hole and "plopped" it in unceremoniously.  --Another stone of  twelve done. I sighed with relief and  looked back on my stepping stone trail. 
    I had to laugh.  The stones were set in haphazard fashion.  There was no clear plan here -- just a crooked trail.  Oh well,  the job was done.  I could get to the barn, even if the route curved in an awkward way.
     Isn't that the story of my life?  Yep - I'll admit it.  I make mistakes along the way.  My trail is definitely not perfect.  
   I love the fact God uses imperfect paths and imperfect people.  He uses unplanned pain, unintentional mistakes and faulty folks to accomplish ... well, good stuff.
   My path may not be perfect, but I give it all to God,  Thanks for straightening me out, God.  Thanks for putting up with my imperfections and helping me soar to perfect places. 
  


No comments:

Post a Comment