Check out our Sister Blog www.typeAchecklist.blogspot.com!

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Stop Grumbling!



 Do everything without grumbling or arguing,  so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation. Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky as you hold firmly to the word of life.  -- Phil 2:14-15


I always know I'm in trouble when the vein sticks out on my forehead. 

Yesterday, my brows knit together and that bump on my forehead was evident. 

I was mad. 

No one in my family was noticing  my "unfailing sacrifice."   I swiped dishes off the kitchen table like a disgruntled busboy. I huffed at any family member who happened by...clueless to my need of assistance.   

-Will anyone EVER understand my worth in this family? -Will anyone EVER help?

I grumbled and scrubbed each dish with angry fervor.  My family breezed by in contented bliss.

That's when I spied my open Bible on the table.  It was time for an attitude adjustment. 

I slopped the soap from my hands and glanced at my Philippians Bible Study.  

Enter: Philippians 2:14-15.   Leave it up to God to give me what I need...when I need it.

I slumped into the chair, feeling a wave of peace.  I think the vein was subsiding. 

God's got some great ideas.  They really help my face.  









No comments:

Post a Comment