Check out our Sister Blog www.typeachecklist.com !

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Stop Grumbling!



 Do everything without grumbling or arguing,  so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation. Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky as you hold firmly to the word of life.  -- Phil 2:14-15


I always know I'm in trouble when the vein sticks out on my forehead. 

Yesterday, my brows knit together and that bump on my forehead was evident. 

I was mad. 

No one in my family was noticing  my "unfailing sacrifice."   I swiped dishes off the kitchen table like a disgruntled busboy. I huffed at any family member who happened by...clueless to my need of assistance.   

-Will anyone EVER understand my worth in this family? -Will anyone EVER help?

I grumbled and scrubbed each dish with angry fervor.  My family breezed by in contented bliss.

That's when I spied my open Bible on the table.  It was time for an attitude adjustment. 

I slopped the soap from my hands and glanced at my Philippians Bible Study.  

Enter: Philippians 2:14-15.   Leave it up to God to give me what I need...when I need it.

I slumped into the chair, feeling a wave of peace.  I think the vein was subsiding. 

God's got some great ideas.  They really help my face.  









No comments:

Post a Comment