Check out our Sister Blog www.typeachecklist.com !

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Hope

"But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." - Isaiah 40:31




There’s a crisp, clean smell to the air. I step into the cool morning and soak it in.

As the breeze swirls leftover leaves at my feet, I have this feeling…this great feeling…everything is OK.

Winter has been playing tag with us this spring. I drove home from spring break in a blizzard. Tag, you’re it, the storm seemed to say.

The blizzard retreated. In came spring-like weather. Even as I write this, however, forecasters warn of winter chasing us again.

I know I should start running, but, right now, in this spring morning, I savor the sights, smells and hope of spring. This is a God moment.

Spring always reminds me of God’s renewing strength.

I don’t know about you, but I feel pretty winter-withered sometimes. Life’s not-so-pleasant encounters chill my soul and stunt my growth.

God’s love gets me growing again. -Leave it to the “Son” to shine on me.

If I’m not careful, I might even flower before May, as long as I keep my eyes on God.

Right outside my door is a wonderful patch of daffodils. Their bright yellow heads seemed to just pop out of nowhere one day. That was a pleasant surprise.

I’ve picked seven blooms and spread them through the house. Everything in there was looking dim from the winter. We needed a touch of spring inside.

I think I need a touch, too...of spring inside, that is.

Before I walk across the parking lot, I lean against my car, close my eyes and linger in the springtime sun.

“Come into my life, Jesus. Help me be renewed in your strength.” It’s a short prayer.

The school carpoolers are eyeing me suspiciously as I lean there in the sunlight.

I'm just checking in with my source of spring, folks. No problem here, only HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment