Check out our Sister Blog www.typeachecklist.com !

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Romans Chapter 10 -- Let's TALK about it!

I guess you can say I'm a mixed bag.  I was raised in  church - loved that place - sang for them - taught Sunday School - went every week. 

I attended Catholic Schools in East St. Louis - grateful for that - good education - they actually could mention God in school - good stuff. 

I sang in masses - went to Jewish services - attended a variety of churches.  -I really didn't read the Bible.

BOY - for a person who went to a lot of religious ceremonies - I was lost! 

What was my problem?  I had never read Romans!  No one had ever taught me about commitment to Christ!  I loved Jesus.  I followed His rules (with a few exceptions).  I went to church on Sunday.

But...something was missing.  By Monday morning, I was floundering in my insecurities. 

I really did not understand the significance of stopping, thinking, CHOOSING, SAYING:  "I give my life to you, Jesus."

I was wondering around in my spiritual mediocrity. 

ENTER: Jackie.

I admired my beautiful friend Jackie whose laugh came easily and friendliness spilled over everyone she met. 

She ran her household with a peace, faith and spontaneous spirit of love and joy that I had always yearned for.  I wondered what her secret was.

My dear friend Jackie  taught me the concepts in the book of Romans.  She explained that it takes more than being a "good" person to get into Heaven.  She talked about committing my life to Christ.

Jackie taught me that, once you give your life to Jesus, you can really ENJOY HIM. 

Jackie told me, if you sincerely "confess" and "believe" in Jesus, you are saved. 

By golly, that's what Romans Chapter 10 says!


If you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 
 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. Romans 10:9-10


I titled this post "Let's talk about it."  That's something I never did before I committed my life to Christ.  This whole "talk about Jesus" stuff spooked me a bit. 

Once I committed my life to Christ, however, I could not help but talk about Him. How could I not share my best friend with others?

Jesus is my best friend.  He loves me, flaws and all.  He is the one who cheers me on when I trip again and again.  Jesus is my ticket to eternity.

Why not share that with others?  Don't they deserve to know the Prince of Peace in this crazy world?

Besides, like the Romans 10 says.  Who will know if I don't tell them?
 How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in?
And how can they believe in the one
of whom they have not heard?
And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?
And how can anyone preach unless they are sent?
As it is written:
“How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!”
Romans 10: 14-15

I certainly have a mouth. It needs to talk about Jesus.

I certainly have feet.  I just hope they are "beautiful feet"

So....I better run tell someone else.

See you in Chapter 11. 





No comments:

Post a Comment