Check out our Sister Blog www.typeachecklist.com !

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Romans Chapter 8 - WOOHOO!

Oh, my gosh, folks!  I just read Chapter 8 and I am pumped!

So....stop right now, pray for God to reveal His message to YOU and read Romans 8:  www.biblegateway.com.

There - all done?  Let's take this apart:


Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,  because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death.  For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in the flesh,  in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. -- Romans 8:1 - 4

Remember back in Chapter 7 how I told you the law is a mirror to show me what I do wrong (the dirt on my face) -- but only Jesus can clean me up?  Welp, the above verse says a lot about that.

We are set FREE from sin only through Christ Jesus!  If you have committed your life to Christ, you don't have to be pushed around by that "fleshy" stuff:  i.e. - emotions, habits, anger, bitterness, guilt, ego, selfish desires, etc...

If you're like me, however, you slip up and forget you've been set FREE.  So- let's create a reminder!  How about making a refrigerator magnet that tells us:

I have been set FREE by Jesus! 

As I read Romans 8, I could not help but think of our nation.  Are we a nation ruled by the flesh or WHAT?  


Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace. The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so. Those who are in the realm of the flesh cannot please God. --Romans 8:5 - 8

No wonder everyone seems so hostile toward Christian views these days. The mind set on the flesh (i.e. me - self - whatever I want - don't tell me what to do - everybody is doing it - there are no moral absolutes - do what feels good.....) is hostile to God.

Take a look above at the person directed by the "Spirit."  What does Romans 8:6 say about them?  They will find life and peace.

WOW - that is just what I am looking for!!!!

I've given it all to Jesus, but I get sidetracked and distracted.  That's when it's time to get back in the Word of God.  That is where I find life and peace.

For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God. -- Romans 8:14

OK -- to quote a famous saying:  "Who's your daddy?"  

When you commit your life to Christ, God is your daddy! 

I don't know about you, but I am glad I have an extra dad -- One who loves me no matter what.  Because of HIM, I can face all challenges.  That's what the rest of Romans 8 talks about.  

 I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. -- Romans 8:18

Life throws us some pretty difficult curve balls, doesn't it?  Romans 8 tells us we don't have to be defeated by them.  As a matter of fact, Romans 8 tells us we can CONQUER the curves!

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? - Romans 8: 35 

Wanna take a guess at the answer to the above question?  Is it bills?  Is it mean children?  Is it bad bosses? Is it bumpy marriages?  

ANSWER:  NONE of the above!  Take a look at the answer.  It's in THE BOOK:  

No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.  For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,  neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. -- Romans 8:37-39 

Woohoo!  Take that, you daily aggravations!  Take that, you awful illnesses! Take that, you obnoxious people!  Take that, you stupid habits!

I am a conqueror! 

Thank you, God, for reminding me, through Romans 8, that YOU give me the power to conquer anything.

Thank you, God, for reminding me I can never be separated from your love, as long as I commit my life to YOU. 

Let's march onward to Chapter 9!   











No comments:

Post a Comment