Check out our Sister Blog www.typeachecklist.com !

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Romans Chapter 7

Check out Romans, Chapter 7!

Have you ever made up your mind not to make the same stupid mistake again and then turned around and done it?  Yikes!  We human beings are such creatures of habit. 

I can really relate to Romans, Chapter 7!  Paul talks a lot about the law, but tells us we can't get our act cleaned up just by following every little rule we may have established for ourselves.

Paul is saying we get a lot of good guidelines from the law, but the law can't clean us up.  Jesus can. 

Law is like a mirror that shows me my face is dirty.   I can't use the mirror to clean my face.  -Gotta use that cleansing power of Jesus!

Our Christian walk is a process.  We commit.  We fail.  We run to Jesus.  He cleans us up.  Thanks, Jesus! 

A smarter person than me said:

"Failure is a part of the process of sanctification."

So - do not be discouraged. 

Take a look at Romans 7:14-24 and count how many "I's" "me's" and "my's" are in the eleven verses. 

These verses illustrate the struggle between our old and new natures.  Paul gets real here.  I love it.  Read Verse 19:

 19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing.

Thank you, Paul, for keeping it real.  I can relate. 

I counted 37 personal references in these verses. What is Paul trying to say here?
Maybe, our struggle is linked to focusing on ourselves rather than God. 

This is where my YIELD sign comes in.  I need to let go, trust God and YIELD - allow HIM to work in my life.

Romans 7:24-8:4 teaches us that to yield to God is the only way we can have real victory. 

But - wait!  I am getting ahead of myself!

Maybe I better read Chapter 8 and get this all straightened out. 

See you in Romans, Chapter 8! 



No comments:

Post a Comment