Check out our Sister Blog www.typeachecklist.com !

Friday, July 8, 2011

July 9 - Chapter 9 of Proverbs

"I walk in the way of righteousness, along the paths of justice, bestowing a rich inheritance on those who love me and making their treasuries full." -- Proverbs 8:20,21



A thought just struck me.  Wouldn't it be great to create a "Proverbs Pathway" at your home?!!!

What better way to encourage children in following the Word of God than to  create a stone pathway through a garden of wisdom! 

The more I read Proverbs, the more I LOVE the pathway images it projects!  If you don't make a path outside, how about one on the basement floor? 

If your basement is unfinished, how about painting the path on the floor?  Put your favorite verses on or beside the path.  If you don't want to paint -- use colorful duct tape to mark off a path. 

You can be so creative with this -- Have fun!  The kids will love walking their Proverbs Path!

Proverbs Chapter 8 features the voice of wisdom talking. The chapter is titled, "Wisdom's Call."
It's fascinating to see the benefits of being wise.

One thing that really struck me is "wisdom" talks about being around forever and how she has never changed.

Hmmmmmm.....that makes me question this culture in which we live.  Our culture says truth changes depending on what is happening around us.  We are yelled at for not shifting our values to match the times. We are not taught to stand firm in anything. That's pretty shifty!

But, Proverbs Chapter 8 tells us WISDOM has always been and always will be the foundation of living as God wants us to live.  To stray from her path is to "harm yourself". 

 “Now then, my children, listen to me; blessed are those who keep my ways.  Listen to my instruction and be wise; do not disregard it.  Blessed are those who listen to me, watching daily at my doors, waiting at my doorway. For those who find me find life and receive favor from the LORD.

But those who fail to find me harm themselves; all who hate me love death.” - Proverbs 8:32-36




How many times do we see this scenario play out for people who stray?  In the end they DO "harm themselves"!!!!!

WISDOM is linked to God.  The source of all wisdom is God.  As Proverbs has stated: 

"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge but fools despise wisdom."

Follow God and His Word -- and make your path today!

No comments:

Post a Comment