Check out our Sister Blog www.typeachecklist.com !

Monday, February 7, 2011

The Purpose Driven Life - Day 7 - Glorify and Enjoy!

The news was getting to me. I was lamenting the state of the world. I was worrying.

"Are you just enjoying your Jesus?"

The questions caught me off guard.
After all, I'm a Christian. Am I not supposed to worry about the ugliness of the world? It's all so anti-God! I could feel my BP rising.

"So...what else is new?" I could almost hear God's reply. "Your worrying does not help."


Ahhh...so this is another clue to my purpose:

To Glorify God and Enjoy Him Forever!


How Can I bring Glory to God?

1. Worship -- Worship is a lifestyle of enjoying God, loving Him and giving ourselves to be used for His Purpose.

2. Loving Others. You are a part of a family, even if you live alone! When you commit your life to Christ, you join other believers.

3. Becoming like Christ. OK, so this may seem daunting. Here's where to start - read about Jesus in the New Testament. Did Jesus freak out? Was he aloof? Did he rush so much he didn't have time to talk to his father? Did he laugh and have fun (yes!)? Was he compassionate?

Ask Jesus to help you become like HIM. Slow your pace and walk with him:

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” --Matt 11:28

4. Serving Others. Now don't go crazy with this. Be sure to get some down time! If you are yoked with Jesus (letting Him set the pace) you'll get a sense of where you should serve.

5. Telling others about Jesus. Don't be shy. Let people know what changed your life. Speak in personal terms.

Bottom line, however: You can't do any of this unless you have committed your life to Jesus.

Here's What That Looks Like:


BELIEVE - God loves you and made you for a purpose.
RECEIVE - Receive Jesus into your life as your Lord and Savior. This is the part where you admit you don't have it all together (c'mon - He already knows it anyway!) You ask for forgiveness and ask Him to take over your life.

Here is a simple prayer:

Jesus, I believe in you and I receive you. - Amen

Welcome to the family of your fellow imperfect, yet committed humans! You are NOT alone!

You can write to Rick Warren to receive the free booklet: "Your First Steps for Spiritual Growth" at free@purposedrivenlife.com

Also - Call us! You are welcome to come to Faith Baptist Church and talk to pastor or any member about this. 539-3434.

Drop by our Purpose Driven Class -- Every Sunday at 9 a.m. -- Faith Baptist in Freeburg, Illinois.

You're part of the family. We'd love to see you

No comments:

Post a Comment