Check out our Sister Blog www.typeachecklist.com !

Friday, February 4, 2011

Eternal Perspective - Purpose Driven Life Day 4

This life is not all there is.

WOW -- that can be a comforting thought! This chapter tells us about having an eternal perspective.

This reminds me of my reaction to 9/11 -- All of a sudden, things that seemed so important to me were no longer important.

I suddenly wanted to draw closer to my family and closer to God.

As The Purpose Driven Life says:

The closer you live to God, the smaller everything else appears.

I remember a time when my grandma was well into her 90s. She could not always hear us. She sometimes faded in and out of conversations.

But one day, when we asked her to pray over dinner -- her words were true and clear. She was in close touch with her Savior. It was beautiful to behold!

The Bible has a lot to say about Heaven. It is a place where there are no more tears and no more pain. Heaven is a place I want to be.

I'm thinkin I'll be dancin with Jesus!

With that delightful thought in mind, I should lighten up. After all, I'm just passin through this place.

So, with Chapter 4 I want to let go of some hangups.

Momentary troubles will fade...something better is coming!

If you have a relationship with God through Jesus, you don't need to fear death.

As we've talked about before, let's open up and let Jesus in:

Jesus, I don't understand everything about you, but I know you died for me. Thank you for that. I want to give you my life, my heart, my everything. I ask your forgiveness for the things I've done wrong. Basically, Lord, I'm falling into your arms. -- Amen

So, with that commitment...comes eternal life.
Let's live in the light of eternity.

When you live in light of eternity, your values change. You use your time and money more wisely. You place a higher premium on relationships and character instead of fame or wealth or achievements or even fun. Your priorities are reordered.


So, always remember: We're just passin through. Make sure you know where you are going next.

No comments:

Post a Comment