Check out our Sister Blog www.typeachecklist.com !

Friday, February 18, 2011

Day 18, 19 - Purpose Driven Life - The Melody of Life

How wonderful it is, how pleasant, for God's people to live together in harmony!" -- Psalm 133:1

I write about today and tomorrow because, in the morning, I fly all day to come home to you, my friends.

I love to sing. For many years, I sang with groups of people -- combining harmony to create a lovely song.

We practiced. At first, our notes sometimes clashed -- We had to learn the music to truly make the melody pleasing.

That's the way it is in life with the fellowship in our disfunctional family of God. We don't always get it right. We may strike a few sour notes. But, the important thing is to know God's music is there. When we seek Him, we learn the song. Harmony comes easier.

First of all, we stop looking to others to fulfill all our needs. It is impossible for man to do this. Only God can.

When we let go of our expectations of others, we can truly blend with them in song. -- No hard feelings. No unrealistic expectations -- Just glorious harmony to God.

By nature, I am a solitary person. But, as a Christian, God calls me to make melody with others.

Will you come, be part of my song?

To fellowship with you, I must be authentic.

I am a cracked pot. I am headstrong and by nature controlling. But God is working on this by striking me down with humility and heartbreak. That makes me more pliable for making music.

To sing with you, I should empathize with you --share your joy and experience your pain.

The Purpose Driven Life says we are often in so much of a hurry to fix things that we don't have time to sympathize with people.

To sing with you, I should humble myself.

The PDL says humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less. Humble people are so focused on servng others, they don't think of themselves.

To sing with you, I have to accept you

The PDL says community has nothing to do with compatibility. The truth is, we all have quirks annoying traits.

To sing with you, I might be called to forgive you.

The PDL says you will never be asked to forgive someone any more than God has already forgiven you.

So -- I would love to sing harmony with you. It will take practice however. I'm sorry - I will make mistakes.

It will take time and commitment, but the song will be worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for this post... I am going through a very rough patch right now and this truly touched my soul.

    ReplyDelete