Check out our Sister Blog www.typeachecklist.com !

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Anxiety? Stress? God has the answer!

God wants us to live a life of joy. Stress can be distracting! He has a plan for your future and HE will equip you to cope !

Most of us have become anxious at one time or another. The key is to not let your thoughts get ahead of reality.

What is reality? 1. God created you. 2. God loves you. 3. God knows you will face trouble. He will equip you for that trouble. 4. God will help you learn from persevering.

1. God created you. “For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.” – Psalm 139:13

2. God loves you. “I have loved you with an everlasting love;” – Jeremiah 31:3

“For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans to help you and not harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.”
– Jeremiah 29:11

3. God knows you will face trouble. He will equip you for that trouble.

“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world, you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” – John 16:33

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me for I am gentle and humble in heart and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” – Matt 11:28-30

“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” – Phil 4:13

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your heart and your mind in Christ Jesus.” – Phil 4:6-7

“Cast your anxiety on Him because he cares for you.”-- 1 Peter 5:7

“So do not fear, for I am with you, do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
– Isaiah 41:10

4. God will help you learn from persevering.

“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” – Romans 8:28

“Do everything without complaining or arguing. So that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe.” – Phil 2:14-15

“Find rest, oh my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress,” -- Psalm 62:5-7

No comments:

Post a Comment