Check out our Sister Blog www.typeachecklist.com !

Friday, October 1, 2010

Thoughts Worth Sharing...Are You Weary?

Weary? Remember the words of a Savior who loves you: "Come to me all you who are weary and heavy laden and I will give you rest." (Matthew 11:28) Jesus goes on to say we should walk with HIM -- in fact, be "yoked" with Him. If you're a farmer...I mean an OLD farmer :) You know young horses or oxen pulling a plow or cart were often "yoked" with older, wiser animals who set the pace and kept those young ones from straining and stressing.
So....let's slow our pace a bit. Invite Jesus to walk with you. Focus on Jesus and settle in to HIS pace. After all, He said (29,30)"Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
I'm feeling better already. Hope you are, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment